Baguio has changed much from what many remember as the Summer Capital of the Philippines. From the idyllic pine scented, quiet laid back mountain city, it has now become a metropolis with the accompanying trappings of squatter colonies, traffic, high rise buildings, garbage, crime, pollution and urban decay.
Kafagwayan grieves for its loss but takes sanctuary and acts to manage what is left of this mountain city. Thus in the same spirit as that powerful documentary HOME, ”what’s important is not what’s gone but what remains…” we move towards building a better growing environment for our children.
What you can do:
- If you have a facebook account join Kafagwayan – Park Capital of the Philippines
- If you are into yahoo groups, join Kafagwayan Yahoo Groups
- Invite your friends to join us
- Identify local residents who are willing to take part in this historic undertaking and submit their names and contact details.
- Identify parks and open spaces that need attention.
- Contribute ideas on how to best manage and what to do with these parks.
- Take pictures of things that need attention in parks and in your neighborhood and post them in the Kafagwayan groups.
What we will do for you:
- Enroll people to participate in the care and maintenance of parks.
- Source necessary funds and equipment to maintain these parks.
- Act on concerns within our jurisdiction.
- Forward your concerns to respective agencies tasked to address your concerns and diligently monitor their progress.
- Protect the remaining parks and forest cover in the city.
Welcome Home Baguio Lovers.